Have you ever woken up one morning to find that for absolutely no reason at all you were just bursting with undefinable happiness? The kind of happiness that surpasses the boundaries of being in a good mood and goes into the realm of borderline OCD elation? Because that's where I've found myself today, buzzing with electric joy and an excited heart, completely ready to take on an entire world of everything.
Maybe it's the caffeine. Maybe it's the abundance of good, quality sleep from the night before. Or maybe it's a culmination of everything, from the my rested limbs, to the sunny sky, to the sweetheart that I woke up next to. Whatever it is, it's led me to thinking about my happiness list, and all of the things in life that make me furiously happy all of the time. It's so great to take a few minutes out of every day and think about those things, big or small, that might end up on the list, and it feels great to write them down, too. Without over-analyzing today's feast of grins, I'll leave you with a few new additions to my happiness list. What are things on yours?
- Opening the blinds around the house to exist in a few hours of quiet and beautiful natural light.
- Taking Tuesday on a longer-than-necessary walk around the neighborhood, soaking in the different eclectic porches and the various faces of cats at the window.
- A house filled with flowers.
- The smell of home.
- Texting friends and family at random with things like, "Thinking of you!", "Missing you!" or "I love you very much!".
- A kiss on the cheek.
- A night with good friends, good food, and lots of laughs.
- And the moment in which you take it all in, breathe it all out, and realize with complete certainty that life is oh so good.