Thursday, April 11, 2013

Hello, Spring Weather!



The weather in Ohio this week has been amazing! I haven't been able to get enough of our 70 degree days, the cool, soft breezes, and the blooming flowers that are shooting up everywhere I turn. Spring has finally (truly!) found us, and it is glorious. Even our thunderstorms and rainy afternoons are making me happy, as it's just as wonderful and calming as the bright days. 

This has all left me feeling massively inspired to build myself a sanctuary, and I've been able to do just that by gutting out my room and doing a little remodeling. I took my overcrowded walls and stripped them bare, moved my furniture around, purged a good amount of my belongings, and filled my space with flowers, plants, and bright white window treatments. I made it so that my open windows are the focal point of my room, and the natural light that spills in is just magical. To say that I feel instantly refreshed and happy just walking into my bedroom now is a total understatement. The only thing left to do is to build my library space, and fill my room with a few more plants. Until that's done I'm holding off on any pictures, but for now I'll leave you with a teaser of my new Venus fly trap. It's name is Rachel. 

Hi, Rachel!

Aside from all of that, I've been putting effort towards finding a balance with everything that I'm doing, and everything that I want to be doing. Over the last year I've discovered the importance of not doing too much at once, and giving yourself time to just be. I try to balance what's currently on my plate as much as I can, and I've found so much fulfillment in just doing that. Lately I've been dividing my time between farm, home, work, and quality time with Tuesday. If I spend two nights at the farm volunteering or working with May, then I spend two days of quality time with Tuesday. If I clean the farm, I spend a night cleaning or organizing, or crafting at home, and then I take two days to just be lazy and do whatever I feel like. It leaves everything in my life dealt with, and gives me a sense of calm. So far it's worked wonders!


Of course, I'm not the only one that's been getting spoiled by spring. I've been taking Tuesday on impossibly long walks all around the neighborhood, to dog parks, and to parks around my house where we can just explore. We've also been going on picnics and car rides, and oh god, does he love them. 


I hope you're enjoying the season as much as we are!

Until next time. <3

No comments:

Post a Comment